Trademark Electric is your leading Kansas City Infrared Scanning service provider. Power Quality problems can adversely impact a company’s bottom line. It has been proven that regularly scheduled maintenance performed on your equipment will extend the life of the equipment, enable it to operate more efficiently, and reduce the likelihood of inconvenient breakdowns.
Here at Trademark Electric we have the equipment and training to offer infrared scanning technology and Power Quality Recording services that allow us to identify trouble areas and address them before they become larger, more expensive issues.
Our Infrared Scanning service allows us to view the heat signatures of your breaker boxes. This non-contact, non-evasive “heat photograph” can identify if there are any problems or defects in your wiring, without disrupting normal operations. Understanding how to read an infrared image (sometimes known as thermography) is crucial in using this technology. Since all objects emit some type of heat signature, much of the hot spots located in a breaker box are perfectly normal. We know how to interpret the image and can find many possible problems before they become big problems.
Fix it Correctly
Our infrared inspection reports completely document the inspection process, from routing to photos of each item that needs action. We will help you understand the likely reason for the problem, and we will provide the information your maintenance crews need to repair the problem before it escalates into a safety or production issue. We also can perform repairs and provide follow-up inspections to ensure all problems are resolved.
Our thorough infrared thermography inspections identify hidden problems wherever they may be in your system, such as:
- Circuit breaker panels
- Power transformers
- Motor control centers
- Bus connections
- Air compressor, boiler, and cooling system controls
We check for:
- Loose or poor connections
- Fuse stress
- Contact wear
- Phase imbalances
- Circuit overloading
- Ground loop current flow
- Transformer and switch oil level
- Clogged motor and transformer cooling fins
- Misalignment of drive couplings
Power Quality Recording
With our in-house Amprobe Power Quality Recorder we are able to monitor your electrical system for time periods from a few hours to months or even years. This type of monitoring allows us to check for power availability and grounding continuity as well as things such as:
- Power quality parameters: AC current, AC voltage to 600V including sags and surges, harmonics balancing, active, reactive and apparent power & energy, peak demand, power factor, frequency measure
- Detects and records voltage anomalies, sags and surges
- Phase sequence indication
- Power factor correction determination
- Test insulation of wires, cables, transformers and electrical motors